Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I've been tagged!

I've now been tagged a few different times, by a few different people...and I have procrastinated doing it! So...here I go. I will go find my 5th folder and post the 5th picture...........

here it is.....



Ironically, the 5th folder is my compressed "Blog Pictures" folder, so this picture is very recent! I think it was taken 2 weeks ago. This is the new haircut that has taken me a LONG time to get used to. Since I was about 12 years old, my sister Karen has been my hairdresser. She always does a great job and she knows how to deal with my hair. Now that I live in the Soo, Karen is 8 hours away so it's not as easy for her to do my hair anymore. And when we are together, I don't want to waste our precious visiting time getting a haircut. So last week I finally got the nerve to go to a salon here in the Soo to get a much-needed haircut.

My friend Penny got a really cute haircut about a month ago which I loved, so I thought "oh good....I'll just go where she went" - thinking how easy that was to find a hairdresser that I could trust (I like to find hairdressers by asking people who's hair I like where they go)so I booked an appointment with her. She was even the sr. stylist in the shop so I thought - "Oh good! This will be great."

I brought some pictures along of how I wanted her to cut my hair, and made sure that the sides would be longer than the back. She seemed to understand exactly what I wanted. I tried not to say anything while she was cutting it but I should have because it turns out she was thinking something very different than what I meant. sigh. SO, this is my new haircut. Choppy, short, short, and short. And the sides are shorter than the back. Grr. Oh well. The good thing about hair is that it grows back.

This happened to me in Nipawin too. Thankfully with that haircut though, it wasn't terribly short so I just went somewhere else and got it re-styled. With this haircut, there's no way I want it any shorter! I think I might stick with my sister from now on. Or have a big long chat with the hairdresser before we start cutting.

I think I'm supposed to tag 5 people now. If you've already been tagged by someone else...no worries. I tag...

- Joelle
- Susanna
- Erin
- Valean
- Karina

1 comment:

  1. I like your hair in this picture but I know what you mean when you say it's not what you expected. You have such a cute little family. Miss you lots. That is an awesome picture of jax's teeth. They are growing up so fast. Good to capture it on film. Digital that is.

    ReplyDelete