Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

homemade chemical-free cleaning recipes

Last week my mom sent me an email with these recipes for homemade cleaning products. I thought they looked interesting. I'm making up a batch of the de-gunker today.

ALL DUTY DE-GUNKER
In a spray bottle, combine 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. borax, 1/2 tsp. liquid dish soap and 2 cups hot water for chemical free clean! Make sure you label the bottle. I put the ingred. on it and they suggest you put the purpose of it too, but for this stuff it is self explanitory.

SLICK-FREE FURNITURE POLISH
Mix together 1/4 cup vinegar and a few drops of olive oil for a homemade polish that gets furniture gleaming.

BREATHE-EASY OVEN CLEANER
Combine 1/4 cup baking soda, 2tbsp salt and enough hot water to make a paste. Rub the paste inside the oven, keeping of wires and heating elements; let sit for 5 minutes, then wipe to reveal a shining oven.
I used this in a ladies oven and it did a good job, but didn't get everything off. Some of the black marks wouldn't come off. But she was very happy with the results. It is sort of hard to make the paste stay on the sides, but you can figure it out.

NO SCRUB TOILET SPARKLER
Sprinkle 1/2 cup baking soda into the bowl, then pour in 1 cup vinegar. When the fizzing stops, just swirl around with a toilet brush to leave the bowl shiny.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    Thanks for those recipes! I'll keep those in mind! I love chemical-free stuff, especially after a couple scare when Korban got into cleaning supplies. Yikes! I've gotten rid of pretty much everything since then, and switched to using norwex products (norwex.ca - which I sell too now).

    ReplyDelete